Custom Upholstery Pros & Cons For Interior Design
Angela Neel Interiors offers unique interior design Orlando communities love. With many interior design options, Angela Neel Interiors provides customers with the finest brands in art and accessories that accent your home perfectly. Located in Winter Park, they are a one-of-a-kind interior design studio that offers many services to help you turn your house into your dream home. One of these services is custom upholstery. Upholstering furniture can quickly update the look and feel of your space and save money down the line.
Pros Of Custom Upholstery
By upholstering your new furniture, you can take the opportunity to redesign a room in your house by choosing a beautiful pattern for your furniture. This often will inspire homeowners to redesign the room around their new furniture fabric. If you do not wish to recreate the entire room, you can choose a new material that enhances the room you have already designed and love.
Here are a few reasons why custom upholstery is better:
– By upholstering existing furniture, you save money as fabric upholstery is cheaper than leather
- Fabric upholstery adds a sense of softness and comfort into a home that other materials can’t
- A variety of fabric options exist for both indoor and outdoor use.
- You can find fabrics that are stain resistant and many times just as durable than leather
- Custom upholstery allows you to select fabrics/finishes/styles that fit perfectly with your design taste and home
When upholstering your furniture, you are choosing to keep unique and rare pieces in your home for friends and family to enjoy every time they visit. Your antique furniture is made out of custom crafted materials that the majority of new furniture often are not made from. For this reason, we recommend upholstering to many of our clients, as they will not find the quality materials their antiques are made from readily in most stores. Offering Interior design Orlando residents trust is a noteworthy value Angela Neel Interiors provides to customers looking to update to their spaces.
Cons Of Upholstery
A custom, high-quality upholstery job is not easy. These jobs are done by hand and depending on the size of the furniture and the complexity of the job, it can take quite some time to complete. Here is a list of con’s when it comes to upholstery:
- It can take up to 8-10 weeks for a custom upholstery job to be completed
- Upholstery is not ideal if you have a house full of pets with sharp claws
- It is an investment that cannot be changed as easily as a piece that is bought pre-upholstered
- You will not be able to test it in your home (but Angela Neel does have several similar pieces in the showroom for you to try).
When you are looking to add more value to your already beautiful furnishings, call Angela Neel Interiors for help with interior design Orlando communities trust. We know that choosing the right material for your furniture upholstering can involve many options and we are here to guide you throughout the process. Angela Neel will provide you with the pros and cons of each material we offer so you can better decide which material suits your room best.
Upholstering your home can come at a large cost initially but when you account for all of the money you will save compared to buying new quality pieces, this is a great option to consider. Contact us at AngelaNeel.com or give us a call 407-740-8989.